Last year I turned 28, and while I do think that I’ve achieved A LOT in the last 28 years and I am pretty happy with where I am in life, I feel like I spent pretty much all of that time in school (I just finally finished last January). So for me, I’ve only just really started to live life to its full capacity without having school as a major part of my life. And there’s so much that I want to do, and I want to do it sooner rather than later because I know that once I start to have kids I may not get a chance to do all of these things. With that said, I’ve put together a bucket list of 30 things that I want to accomplish before I turn 30 – so that gives me about a year and a half to do all of this! Keep reading below to find out what crazy things made my bucket list!
When I was sitting here today thinking of my bucket list, a million really big crazy ideas popped into my mind. But then I remembered that I had only a year and a half to achieve all of this, so I toned it down a bit to make a more reasonable and achievable list of things that I want to do before I turn 30. So here is my bucket list, in no particular order. Grab a snack ladies, because it’s a long post today!
1. Go to Europe. One of my biggest goals in life is to travel the world and experience all different cultures. That being said, Europe is definitely at the top of my list – every time I see photos I just fall in love with the scenery and the architecture. So this is definitely one of the top things that I need to accomplish before turning 30.
2. Go horse-back riding. I have to admit – I started working on this bucket list over the summer, and luckily after creating it, I was able to check this one off the list! My then-fiancé, surprised me with a horse-back riding trip the day after my bridal shower, and I have to say that it was everything I dreamed it would be. We did an hour-long ride through the beautiful trails of a wooded forest which was absolutely breathtaking. It was probably the best date we’ve ever been on, and definitely worth all of the excitement leading up to it!
3. Learn a different language. My first and only language is English, with a hint of French from my high-school days. But I would absolutely love to learn a new language. I’m leaning towards Spanish, because I think the language itself is super sexy, but also because I already know a few words that my Spanish friend taught me a few years back.
4. Go paragliding. At some point last year, my favourite YouTubers @DesiPerkins and @LustreLux went on a trip to Switzerland, and while they were there they went paragliding and oh my goodness you guys! Although I’m not that comfortable with the idea of being that high up or “flying”, it looked like SO much fun! Since I’m all about pushing myself outside of my comfort zone this year, I’m adding this one to my bucket list because I think it would be such a great experience.
5. Compete in Tough Mudder. I’ve had my eye on obstacle races like this for a few years now, but never had the courage to compete because my body just wasn’t physically up for the task. Now that I have (finally) committed to a regular training routine, and have been taking much better care of my body, I feel like I’m finally in a spot where I can confidently compete in this without my body turning on me halfway through.
6. Get a tattoo. I am absolutely dying to get a small tattoo on my inner ankle (is there a proper name for that body part?). I’m leaning towards a small cross or a feather with birds – something small and feminine. Thoughts?
7. Take a cross country road trip. I was born and raised in Canada, but I haven’t really explored this beautiful country other than a few cities like Montreal, Ottawa, and of course the Greater Toronto Area. I would love to do a cross country road trip (or train trip) and see the rest of the country, especially the East and West coasts.
8. Run in a marathon. I’ve always wanted to take part in a marathon that raises money for a great cause like The Hospital for Sick Children or Princess Margaret Cancer Center. Now that I’m finally in shape, I’m committed to taking part in at least one marathon this year.
9. Get married. OK so this is another one that I was able to check off since I first made this list. When I was younger, I always wanted to get married by the age of 25, but that quickly changed when I realized that there was a lot more that I wanted to achieve in life before taking that step. So I changed it to getting married by the age of 30, and now I’ve luckily gotten to check it off!
10. Buy my first home. Yes, I cheated on this one too. I actually bought my first home at the end of 2016, well before I made this list. BUT in my defense, it was definitely one of the items on my 30 before 30 bucket list in my mind, so I thought I’d stay true to that and keep it in. Plus, our home isn’t finished being built, so it doesn’t feel completely real just yet.
11. Sing in front of a crowd. Let’s be real, this is just going to end up being karaoke, but for me that’s a huge accomplishment! I love singing, especially in the car, but there are only 2 people that I’m actually comfortable singing in front of – my sister and my husband. I don’t think I have a particularly great voice or anything but I’d love to overcome that fear of singing in front of other people by just going all out and singing in front of a crowd.
12. Learn to play an instrument. I never took band in high school, and so I feel like I missed out on really learning to play an instrument. However, I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the piano, so I’m hoping I can finally achieve that goal sometime soon.
13. Go to an outdoor movie. I’m not a huge movie buff but I have always wanted to go to an outdoor movie. There’s something very intriguing about laying out on blankets on the hood of your car under the stars and watching a movie. I’m all for this, but unfortunately, it’s not so easy to find somewhere that does this anymore. So if you know somewhere in the GTA, let me know down below!
14. Volunteer for a cause I’m passionate about. Something that I’ve always wanted to do is volunteer at the Hospital for Sick Children, because I absolutely love working with children and would love to bring some joy to a child who is going through a whole lot of unpleasant things. But with school in the way, I was way too busy to make a weekly commitment, so I’m hoping this year I will finally be able to make this bucket list item a reality.
15. Build my brand. I started my blog because I wanted to explore other passions of mine such as beauty and lifestyle, but I want to really focus on growing my brand within the next year. I have a lot to share with the world and I want to really commit myself to doing that and making a name for myself in the blogging world.
16. Go to Las Vegas. Do I really have to explain this one? I mean who doesn’t want a girl’s weekend away in Las Vegas!
17. Visit Harry Potter World. I still remember my grade 4 teacher reading the very first Harry Potter book to us when it came out way back when, and needless to say I’ve been obsessed with the wizarding world ever since! I would love nothing more than to actually be physically immersed in the magical world of Harry Potter at Disney World!
18. Go on an ATV adventure. What can I say, I’m trying to be more adventurous and enjoy new experiences, and ATVing looks like a ton of fun!
19. Start & stick to a workout regimen. So I’ve already started this bucket list item, as I started a regular workout regimen a few months before my wedding last year. But after the wedding, I’ve been finding it harder and harder to find the same amount of motivation to actually stick to it. I know it’s the best thing I can do physically for my body, but sometimes it feels like too much. So this year I’m going to work on pushing myself to sticking to that workout schedule as best I can.
20. Go to a shooting range. I don’t think anyone should trust me to have a gun in hand because I can at times be extremely clumsy, but I still would really like to try going to a shooting range. I’ve seen so many people go, and it looks like a lot of fun!
21. Take a class to learn a new skill. I love learning new things and really expanding my mind. I don’t want to just be a “science nerd”. So I would love to take a class and learn a new skill such as dancing or painting.
22. Get my full license. Yes, I am 28 years old and still do not have a full license. Here in Canada we do a 3-tiered system of license, with the third and final level being a full license. I am still stuck at the second level, my G2, mostly because I’ve had a huge fear of driving on highways. But I’ve been practicing, so I am determined to get my full G license by the time I’m 30!
23. Go to a concert. I’ve never been to a concert before! Can you believe it? The last time Adele came to Toronto, I tried really hard to get tickets but they sold out so fast! So unfortunately I am still a concert virgin. But I’m definitely hoping to change that very soon.
24. Go on a wine tasting tour. I have only recently become a “wine person”, but I’ve definitely acquired a taste for white wines (I’m still working on developing a taste for red wines, although it’s looking pretty grim at the moment). That being said, I’d love to go on a wine tasting tour and learn more about different wines, how they’re made, what they pair well with, etc.
25. Take a culinary class. I love love love cooking, and would really like to take a culinary class to learn some tips and tricks from the pros!
26. Practice my photography skills. I love seeing photos that capture something unique and beautiful, and would really like to sharpen my photography skills, especially to help boost my blog.
27. Take a spontaneous trip. Being on a weekly schedule with work doesn’t leave a whole lot of time to be spontaneous, but I think there’s something so liberating about being spontaneous. This year I would love to just drop everything and go on a weekend trip somewhere on a whim.
28. Be vegetarian for a month. I’ve been on a huge health kick recently, and I have to say that I am a meat-etarian at its finest! I don’t eat pork or beef, but I do love me some chicken, turkey, and lamb. But I would really like to try being completely vegetarian for an entire month. I don’t think I could succeed at being vegan, so for now I’m going to stick to just being vegetarian for a short time.
29. Buy a car. For the last 10 years I have relied very heavily on public transportation, and although it gets me from point A to point B, it’s not always the most reliable or convenient solution. Especially now that I’m moving out to the boonies, I think it’d be awesome to get a car of my own so that I can get wherever I need to go whenever I want.
30. Get a pet. If you really know me well, you’re probably thinking this particular entry is a mistake. I mean, I am in no way, shape, or form an animal person. However, I have grown used to having pets in the house since my sister and parents have a quaker parrot (who hates me by the way, except on Sundays which is extremely weird) and multiple fish. So I’ve decided that when I move into my own home, I’d like to venture out into getting my own pet – I’ll probably start with fish but I’d love to have a bunny since they are probably the only pet that I genuinely love.
Let me know what you guys think of my “30 Before 30 Bucket List”, and what goals you have on your own bucket lists down below.