OK, who doesn’t love a good date night? We get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives that we tend to fall into a routine and that routine leaves little time for adventure and FUN! Planning special time for your significant other is not only a great way to reconnect and enjoy each other’s company, but it’s also a really good way to break out of your day-to-day routine. However, the cost of a “traditional” dinner and a movie date night can be costly so it’s not always ideal. In this post, we’re thinking outside of the box and looking at unique and affordable date ideas that are perfect for the Fall!
When the colder weather rolls around, like most other people, I don’t love spending a lot of time outdoors. So needless to say, a lot of my fall date ideas are centered around indoor activities. That way, I can stay nice and TOASTY. Although, let’s be real, with how beautiful the Fall months are I had to include some outdoorsy date ideas as well! Below I’m sharing my 10 favourite date ideas for the fall months!
1. Go to a pumpkin patch – OK this is the PERFECT date for the fall and one of my absolute faves. Go to your local pumpkin patch, pick out your own pumpkin and enjoy all the other festive activities that they have to offer. Most of our local pumpkin patches also have corn mazes which are super fun to get lost in with your significant other!
2. Netflix and chill? – I know I said these were going to be unique date ideas, but there is something really great about staying in for the night and cuddling up to your favourite movie. That being said, you can make the night more interesting by cooking a meal together prior to watching a movie. I absolutely LOVE cooking with my husband – it’s such a great way to bond and it is so satisfying to sit down to a meal that you both cooked together.
3. Do an at-home spa night – Take turns practicing your massage skills on each other, soak in a bubble bath, and do a face mask. This is such a relaxing night in, and a great way to rejuvenate.
4. Head to a karaoke bar – This is a great idea for those of you who are extroverts! Show off your singing skills, and start a friendly competition with each other to see who gets the loudest applause from the audience.
5. Go to a comedy show – For those of you that love a good laugh, this is a perfect date night idea! Tickets are super cheap and you are guaranteed to spend the night laughing away while enjoying quality time together.
6. Take a long drive – I live in a rural area, so this has become something that I love doing. Hop in the car, grab a coffee, and head out on your own mini adventure. When you come to an intersection, take turns picking a direction to continue driving in, and see where you end up! Don’t forget to enjoy the scenic view along the ride – we tend to pass a lot of farms on our drives and I love seeing the horses and cows along the way.
7. Plan a game night – If you’re competitive or just love playing games, this is a great date idea. Stock up on your favourite snacks and pull out your favourite games for a night of friendly competition. Make it interesting by having a fun prize for the winner or a punishment for the loser.
8. Go on a hike – Fall is arguably the MOST beautiful season of the year with all of its vibrant colours on display. This is the best time to go on a hike and enjoy all the views and the crisp autumn air!
9. Apple picking – Who doesn’t love visiting an apple orchard in the fall? This is such a great date idea because you get to enjoy strolling through the orchard, plus you get to pick some delicious apples and make apple pie with them! YESS, what a total win.
10. Visit a haunted house – OK I absolutely love this idea because Halloween is a HUGE part of Fall, and what better way to celebrate than by going to a haunted house. It’s fun, thrilling, and a great excuse to hold onto your significant other just a little tighter!
So which date night idea are YOU going to try out first? I’m definitely thinking apple picking is next up on my list. Let me know what other date ideas you love for the Fall, or if you try any of these out.
See you in my next post!